- Israel and the new anti-Semitism
- 18.00, Wednesday 25 October
- NH Berlaymont, Bd Charlemagne 11/19, 1000 Bruxelles
The barbaric attacks on Israel have shocked the world. But the reactions in Western countries have been no less shocking. Across Europe, America and Australia, both in public demonstrations and on social media, wide sections of society play down or even celebrate the attacks on Israel.
It seems we are confronted with not just violent pogroms against Jews in Israel, but a moral pogrom against Jews and Israel in Europe as well.
MCC Brussels stands against this terror. Our special event will ask:
- Is anti-Israel sentiment – Israelophobia – the modern face of Jew hatred?
- Are we witnessing the emergence of a new anti-Semitism?
- What does the celebration of Hamas attacks across Western Europe mean for the future of Jews on the continent?
- Why do some seem so eager to excuse the attacks on Israel –is this a new phenomena of an ‘excusable pogrom’?
- How do we show solidarity with Israel and confront anti-Semitism in its traditional and modern forms?
- Hungarian Ambassador His Excellency Dr Tamás Iván Kovács
- Emmanuel Abramowicz, spokesman, National Office for Vigilance Against Anti-Semitism (France)
- Daniel Ben Ami, journalist; author, Radicalism of Fools
- Sabine Beppler-Spahl, chair Freiblickinstitut (Berlin), Germany correspondent, Spiked